Adventures in Christmas 2017 - All is Calm, All is Bright



Where it all began. The image came first - a photograph of my mother as a child standing somewhere in a snow covered location in County (London)Derry.

I wanted something to a theme complimenting the serene vibe I got from it, so All Is Calm, All is Bright was the title I went with, featuring songs with a quiet, contemplative feeling.

A lot of big titles in this first mix - Silent Night, O Holy Night for example - which I wish I'd held back on given my rules, but I still feel it holds up pretty well for a first attempt.

Joshua Hyslop - Solstice
Los Campesinos! - The Holly & the Ivy
David Bazin - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Low - Long Way Around the Sea
Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmastime is Here
Mark Kozelek - Do You Hear What I Hear?
Judith Owen & Harry Shearer - (I'll Sing) Silent Night for You
Burl Ives - Oh What a Lucky Boy Am I
Tom Chaplin - We Remember You This Christmas
Phoebe Bridgers - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
John Williams - Somewhere In My Memory
Nat King Cole - A Cradle in Bethlehem
Rosie Carney - Winter
Bright Eyes - The Night Before Christmas
Mahalia Jackson - O Holy Night
John Denver & The Muppets - Silent Night, Holy Night



Comments